Visiting Minneapolis - What to See and Do
(Minneapolis St Paul International Airport MSP, Minnesota - MN, USA)
Minneapolis is located in the state of Minnesota. It lies on the western side of the winding Mississippi River. The city is actually two cities; St Paul's is a 10-minute drive from downtown, and because of this they are referred to as 'The Twin Cities'.
Minneapolis is also referred to as 'The City of Lakes' after its sprawling parklands and network of lakes on the city's outskirts.
Ten things you must do in Minneapolis
- Take a dinky trolley into Dinkytown and visit one of the many coffee shops you will find here.
- Max-out your credit card at Nicollet Mall, where you will find many irresistible clothes and accessories.
- Play a game of tennis at Armitage Park and soak up the fresh air.
- During the month of February, join the Craft Brewers Guild for a celebration of beer and jazz.
- Find out more about the Twin Cities at the Hennepin History Museum.
- Visit the Museum of Questionable Medical Devices, showcasing 200 years of the most insane medical theories, practices and outright frauds.
- Visit Restaurant Row or Eat Street for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Get your photograph taken on the Stone Arch Bridge, one of the city's most popular attractions.
- Take in as much of the Minneapolis theater scene as possible by visiting the Guthrie and the Historic Orpheum theaters.
- Spend a warm sunny day swimming and chilling out at Lake Calhoun or visit the Minneapolis' Chain of Lakes, which are equally beautiful.